Each school year, a great deal of time is invested in both the registration and the scheduling process. The student request data is the basis of the master schedule, as staffing, room assignments and the number of course selections are all determined by these choices. Each individual course request made in the spring affects the final schedule for the next school year; therefore, when students make their course selections, it is understood that their schedule will reflect these choices as much as possible. If a certain request cannot be scheduled, an alternate or comparable course may be used in its place.
For the above reasons a schedule will not be changed unless the request meets one of the following criteria.
· Did not pass a class that is a pre-requisite for another class
· Passed summer school coursework that necessitates a change
· Needs a specific course that is a graduation requirement
· Has been placed in a wrong level class
· Has been placed in a class that he/she has already taken and passed
· Has a medical reason (written documentation must be provided)
· Elective or CTE credential is needed for graduation
The following are reasons NOT considered acceptable for schedule changes:
· GPA is being affected
· Class is not a specific graduation requirement
· Student wants to join friends in a particular class
· A specific teacher is preferred
· Non-completion of summer assignments (for Honors/AP classes)
· Student prefers another elective
· Student wants to keep the class but change the block that it is taken
If a student meets the criteria to request a schedule change they must fill out the Schedule Change Request form to begin the appropriate procedure.
Hawks value learning, respect themselves and others, attend and participate, and think positively...BE A HAWK!
We will model passion for learning.
We will create content lessons that are relevant to daily life.
We will create well-rounded problem-solvers, our future community stakeholders.
We will challenge ourselves to find the best in ourselves and others.
We will take pride in our school through stewardship of the building and school spirit.
We will take ownership of our actions that affect our school evnironment.
We will make school our priority, mentally and physically.
We will be responsive to and prepared for all the needs of our students.
We will work for a world we would like to see.
We will challenge individuals to succeed.