Welcome to the Warren County High School Library!
The Warren County High School library is located in the back corner of the school. With resources of more than 20,000 cataloged volumes, 38 periodical subscriptions, and access to many non-print resources, the library provides materials and services to support the curricular, reference and recreational needs of the faculty, staff, and students.
The WCHS Library provides access to books, magazines, and on-line databases. Warren County High School, as well as Skyline High School resources are available to students through Interlibrary Loan. These are available both day and night to our students and faculty through the virtual library.
Mrs. Betsy Walker
Open Every School Day
Using the Library
- Without a pass: You can come to the library before or after school without a pass. You may come when your teacher brings your class to the library.
- With a pass: During classtime you need a pass from your teacher
- Loan Period: Books 14 days
- Interlibrary Loan: With our new system, Destiny, you will be able to search WCHS catalog. If you need a particular item that SHS does not have, you can request the item by filing out an ILL form from the circulation desk. It should take only a couple of days. Check back with the librarian to see if your materials have arrived.
- Overdue Materials: 5 cents per school day is assessed to overdue materials. You must pay to replace lost or damaged materials.
To find materials in the Library Media Center quickly and easily, always check the online catalog first. Using the catalog, you can also link to WCHS's catalog. If you don't know how to use the catalog or are having difficulties, ask a librarian for help. The librarian can help you with an interlibrary loan.
The Skyline Library has the following periodicals available for reading at school:
Asimov Science Fiction
Better Homes and Gardens
Car and Driver
Field and Stream
Library Media Connection
National Science TeachersNational Wildlife
School Library Journal
Technology and Learning
World War II
- Samuel's Public Library
- Bartlett's Quotations
- Roget's Thesaurus II
- Duke's Citing Citations
- Landmark Citation Machine
- State of Virginia
- Virginia General Assembly
- Library of Virginia
- Virginia Historical Society
- Virginia Department of Education
- Department of Motor Vehicles