Ressie Jeffries Elementary School developed in three phases. The original building was opened as Criser School, grades 1-12, in 1959. Seven years later in 1966, with the addition of ten rooms and a library, the building was used as a middle school, housing at various times grades 6-9. In 1976 seventeen rooms were added and the cafeteria was enlarged to house grades 4-6. Twelve years later, in 1988, the schools of the county were reorganized with this school housing Kindergarten through Fifth Grade. Ressie Jeffries now proudly serves approximately 660 elementary students.
The mission of Warren County Public Schools is to provide a quality educational opportunity for every student to achieve their highest academic learning potential, develop positive core values reflective of our community, and enter higher education and the workforce. We will strive to deliver an educational program respected statewide through the commitment and expertise of qualified school administrators, teachers, and school staff. We will provide required instructional resources and current technology. We will seek to achieve this mission through community support, active parental involvement, and business partnerships.