Warren County Public Schools
The mission of Warren County Public Schools is to provide a quality educational opportunity for all students to achieve their highest academic learning potential, develop positive core values reflective of our community, and be prepared for higher education and/or the workforce. We strive to deliver an educational program respected statewide through the commitment and expertise of qualified school administrators, teachers, and school staff. We will provide appropriate instructional resources and current technology. We will seek to achieve the mission through community support, active parental involvement, and business partnerships.
- Students will graduate from Warren County Public Schools prepared to enter the workforce with marketable skills and/or ready for the rigor of higher education.
- All students will show improvement annually in academic achievement in core subjects as evidenced by national, state, and local assessments. Additionally, students will leave our schools being able to think critically; solve problems; analyze information; communicate effectively orally or in writing; collaborate with others and work in teams; be adaptable; and utilize their curiosity and imagination.
- Warren County Public Schools will employ highly qualified administrators and teachers. Staff development for professional employees will be based on current educational research and best practices for the purpose of continually improving curriculum and instruction.
- All students and employees will be afforded a safe and attractive learning environment that promotes healthy behaviors and positive relationships for work and study.
- A safe and orderly transportation system will be provided for students.
- A master plan will be established for the maintenance and updating of school facilities, including long-range planning for renovation, replacement, and/or building of additional facilities. The Warren County School Board recognizes that the schools were built by the community and encourages individuals and groups to access and use the facilities and grounds.
- Technology will be integrated into all facets of the school division’s operating system as well as the delivery of instruction. All students will exit our schools with appropriate 21st century technology skills, which will enable them to compete in a global society.
- The School Board and all schools will communicate effectively and openly with parents and the community about the needs, accomplishments, and challenges facing the school division. Every effort will be made to reach out to community members, businesses, and industries to involve them in our schools and to develop partnerships to benefit our students.
- The School Board will strive to provide competitive salaries for all personnel and adopt budgets that maximize the quality of educational programs provided to students while ensuring the appropriateness and value of all expenditures. Budgets will be derived from the goals, objectives, and strategies of the school division’s Comprehensive Plan.
Revised and Adopted by the Warren County School Board
September 25, 2008